Dr. Kim S. Shelton
Director of Nemea Center for Classical Archaelogy
Associate Professor of Classics, Director of Nemea Center for Classical Archaeology
B.A. 1987 University of Texas at Austin, M.A. 1989, Ph.D. 1993 University of Pennsylvania
Director Kim Shelton oversees and coordinates the teaching, research, and education activities of the Nemea Center.
Office phone: (510) 642-5314
Fax: (510) 643-2959
Web site: http://shelton.berkeley.edu
Nemea Center for Classical Archaeology
7233 Dwinelle Hall #2520
Berkeley, CA 94720-2520
Special interests: Classical Archaeology, Bronze Age Aegean, Ceramics, Ancient Religion and Mythology
Groups: Nemea Center for Classical Archaeology, Ancient History and Mediterranean Archaeology
- The Late Helladic Pottery from Prosymna, 1996.
- Well Built Mycenae. The Helleno-British Excavations within the Citadel of Mycenae, 1959-1969. Fascicule 14: Tsountas House. Oxbow Books.
- “LH IIIA Frescoes from Petsas House, Mycenae: splatters, patterns, and scenes,” in Mycenaean Iconography in Context: New Discoveries and Old Finds Reconsidered. Athens, 11-13 February 2011; (2015) 126-143.
- “Pottery and Petsas House: Recent Research on LH IIIA 2 Mycenae,” in Mycenaeans up to date: the archaeology of the NE Peloponnese – current concepts and new directions. Athens, 10-14 November 2010; (2015) 27-36.
- “Wine, Women, and Song … the LH IIIA 2 Kylix at Petsas House, Mycenae” in KE-RA-ME-JA: studies presented to Cynthia Shelmerdine. Edited by D. Nakassis, J. Gulizio, and S. James. INSTAP press; (2014).
- “Η Νεμέα πριν από τον Δία: Προϊστορία και Πρώιμοι Ιστορικοί Χρόνοι στην περιοχή του Ιερού,» 1st International Conference on the Archaeological Prehistory and History of the Corinthia, LZ Ephoreia, March 2009; (2013).
- “Citadel and settlement: a developing economy at Mycenae, the case of Petsas House,” in Political Economies of the Aegean Bronze Age. Papers from the Langford Conference, 22-24 February 2007, Florida State University; (2010) 184-204.
- “A new Linear B tablet from Petsas House, Mycenae,” Minos vols. 37-38; (2002-2003).
- “The long lasting effect of Tsountas on the study of Mycenae,” Mythos. La préhistoire égéenne du XIXe au XXIe siècle après J.-C. BCH suppl. 46; (2006).
- "Early Modern Pottery" in The Asea Valley Survey.
- "Chamber Tombs” and "Geology" in The Mycenae Atlas.
- "The figurines from Petsas House” in Cultic Space and Mycenaean Figurines.
- "Four Chamber Tomb Cemeteries at Mycenae" AE 2000.
- "Tsountas' Chamber Tombs at Mycenae" AE 1993.